Essel Mining & Industries Limited (EMIL) is part of the Aditya Birla Group, one of India's most trusted corporations. For over 50 years now, the Aditya Birla Group has and continues to be involved in meaningful welfare-driven initiatives that positively impact the quality of life of the weaker sections of society in India, Southeast Asia and Egypt.
Our social vision
To actively contribute to the social and economic development of the communities in which we operate. In so doing, build a better, sustainable way of life for the weaker sections of society and raise the country's human development index.
School bag distribution project in Gurubeda
Blanket distribution to the underprivileged
Mobile health camp in four villages
Immunisation camp organised by EMIL
- The Aditya Birla Group works in 2,500 villages
- Reaches out to 7 million people annually through the Aditya Birla Centre for Community Initiatives and Rural Development, spearheaded by its Chairperson Mrs. Rajashree Birla
- Focuses on healthcare, education, sustainable livelihood, infrastructure and espousing social reform
- Runs 42 schools which provide quality education to 45,000 children. Of these, over 18,000 children receive free education
- The Group's 18 hospitals tend to more than a million villagers
- In line with its commitment to sustainable development, the Aditya Birla Group has partnered Columbia University in establishing the Columbia Global Centre's Earth Institute in Mumbai
- To embed CSR as a way of life in the organisation, the Group has set up the FICCI – Aditya Birla CSR Centre For Excellence in Delhi
EMIL – Bringing unspoken dreams to life
For over a decade now, our CSR teams have been serving the poorest of poor in the remote districts of Keonjhar and Sundergarh in Odisha. We have been striving to bring in social transformation through initiatives in education, sustainable livelihood, healthcare, social causes and infrastructure development.
(download pdf 22kb)